Translate

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Thank You Card

Hello all!

I've got a thank you card to share this time.
Every couple years I get courageous to arrange a Different Point of View swap on OSA (a yahoo group called Oriental Stamp Artists).  To encourage participation I select a stamp from one of the vendors that are part of the group and try to make it an image that could be used in different ways. This is a two fold swap.  First they do get a card for sending in a card.  Second, I ask them to send me a second card for submission to a magazine.  I have had two of these swaps published in the past and love to see the result!
I just completed this year's attempt with an image from Art Neko/ About Art Accents called 'Koi with Stylized Wave'

I am horrible at sending thank you cards when well deserved, and I make cards!!!  I decided to try and change this bad habit and created one for the owner of the company.  She allowed me (as most stamp companies do) to use her image in a publishing attempt, but also gave me permission to send stamped images to those who may wish to play along, but do not have the funds to purchase the stamp. Most companies do not allow that. 
Since I have sent the cards off to possibly be published I cannot share those, but I can share the thank you card I created today.

I used two kinds of oriental washi paper in the background, some shimmer cardstock from DCWV and some handmade marbled paper I had in my stash to stamp and cut out the flowers.  I cannot remember where the cherry blossom stamps came from, but I love the versatility.  I also used the largest of the Labels 4 from Spellbinders for the opening and the Spellbinders Layered flowers in the bottom left cluster.

Hugs to all!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...