Translate

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July OSA Spotlight Artist

Hi All!

Lots of activity here in the Connell household...
The Oriental Stamp Artists named me the Spotlight Artist for the month of July and I'm thrilled!
OSA is a stamping group on Yahoo Groups and we have multiple challenges, swaps, mingles and share art on an Oriental theme all around the world!  Check us out if you also enjoy oriental art...

So for my project I decided to complete another page spread in one of my art journals:


Started with a set of pages I had already prepped in purple watercolour, some scrap paper and images cut out of advertising.


Then I found some perfect stencils in the Stencils 201 Book.  I used acrylic paint through the stencil to get these pretty blossoms:)


Then my stamps and Adirondak inks were added to continue the flower theme.  All was well until the last impression on the far left...  Arg! Hate edge stamping!


So I took out another stencil, my Inka Gold paste and my trusty finger to cover some of that up and provide some texture.


To finish it off, I stamped this greeting onto vellum and matted it onto some washi paper.  This placed on the gold pattern finished it off. 

Keep checking this month for other oriental projects!
Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...