Translate

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Oriental Art

Konnichiwa!
Nei Ho!

I belong to an online group called Oriental Stamp Art on Yahoo.  We have a lot of fun with swaps and challenges!  This is my third year of participating in a Black + one colour mingle.  We each make one card and the coordinator lets us know who we are to send it to.  Sometimes it's in Canada or US and sometimes its overseas!  This month was Black + Burgundy (deep red) so I pulled out my appropriate papers and embossing powders and came up with this card. 

Deep read shimmer paper was the card base (5x6.5") with a black layer to mat the rest.  Deep red ribbon wrapped all around the left side of the card front.  The inner circles are 1.5" in deep red metal, shimmer red and velvet red paper and the outer ones are 1.75" in black shimmer paper.  The postoid is also a Magenta stamp, stamped and embossed in black on red shimmer paper, then matted on black shimmer paper, then dry embossed red metal. Magenta peel off kanji and word 'friendship' finish off the detail.

Gotta go!  Thanks for looking! Domo Arigato!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...