Translate

Sunday, April 27, 2014

S is For...

Sunflowers!

Hi!  The challenge for the next two weeks at Quirky Crafts Challenge is Something beginning with S... sea, sun, sunflowers etc.  Bugaboo is sponsoring this round and I went with the obvious... Sunflower.  I have decided to make a set of tags, one for each month to decorate my space and this image is the first to be used for this project.  

I started with a large tag 4.25 x 8.5", large enough to give me room to play and use my favourite things.  I took the top layer of napkins, tore them and adhered them to the tag using matte medium.  I cut another tag the same size out of printed acetate by Creative Imaginations. I also wanted to use this flower I picked up at the re-use centre.

The image was printed and coloured using markers, then matted with a metal 4" square mat by Making Memories.  I disassembled the flower and re-adhered it to the top right using glue dots to make sure it stayed stuck and to flatten it a bit too.  The metal stamped August tag is from my stash and it was perfect for this project.  Leaf eyelets, also by Making Memories, were used to attach the metal tag to the paper tag.


Finishing off the project, I used oval metal clips by Stampin' Up to help draw the eye and to hold the layers together.  I like the layered depth to this piece! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,

    I seem to have lost your email, or not got it so not added your card to the challenge post, I will grab it from here because I am not getting emails from you, I did get the votes though but nothing since.
    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...