Translate

Monday, October 21, 2013

May Arts Halloween Challenge

Hello All!

In September, 20 people were offered a chance to create something special using some of May Arts newest ribbon!  I was chosen with my idea of making a mini spiral book to be used for pictures or for journaling. :) Check it out: 

I started with 2 pieces of 5x8" grunge board by Tim Holtz.  I trimmed both sides to give it a dress shape.  It has a spiral pattern embossed on it so I rubbed Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink over both sides of the covers.  To add some depth and interest, I used a black sharpie to trace some of the design on the front and back.  I used some of the Black Satin ribbon, folded in half lengthwise and adhered to a 2" glue dot to make a flower.  The center of the flower is a bat charm from Tim Holtz Adornments. 
Along the bottom of both covers I used double sided tape to wrap the Orange Ribbon with Black Pom Poms.  Then another row of tape.  This time I gathered the spider ribbon to create a ruffle.  To finish it off, I wrapped the Black Twine over the ruffle a few times and tied it in a knot.  
I used the cover to create a 5x6.5" template to cut out orange pages out of cardstock.  The Bind It All was used with a 1/2" coil to punch and connect everything together.  
Of course I had some ribbon left over so I created a couple more items...

Most of the left over Black Satin ribbon was wrapped around a 5x6.5" card.  A strip of the orange/pom-pom ribbon across the center, then a strip of the Spider Ribbon above that.  I covered a 3.5x4.5" piece of orange cardstock with torn purple mulberry paper.  I stamped the image by Inkadinkado with black ink, then purple Encore ink and embossed with Kaleidoscope embossing powder.   On the bottom right, a scrap piece of the grunge board was coloured with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink, swirls traced with a white then orange sharpie. An owl charm from Tim Holtz Adornments was attached with glue dots.  I tied a small strip of the Black Satin ribbon in a knot and attached it to the top left for accent. 
The last item is an award ribbon for Halloween!  Start with a 2.25x5.5" orange card for a base.  Adhere a 2" glue dot center top and gather the spider ribbon around the edge.  Spray the left over pieces of grunge board with Fully Purple Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist.  Trim and make a flower-like center to the spider ribbon.  Finish off the center with another charm from Tim Holtz Adornments.  I folded a strip of the Orange/Pom-Pom ribbon under the center charm.  It was finished off with a pin on the back with scrap cardstock and glue dots. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...