Translate

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Boo!

Halloween is coming!!!!

I love Halloween!  I love to dress up and see kids all dressed up.  Too bad here in Edmonton, Halloween is usually accompanied by cold weather and sometimes even snow! 

I stamped the basic alphabet blanks for these cards years ago and then promptly 'lost' them in my stash of projects 'to do' :)  I refound them and decided to finish them off.  The big alphabet is retired from Stampin' Up!  The cards are all 6x 17" cardstock folded into 3. 


The 'Blood Card' was rubbed all over with Distress Inks (Barn Door & Vintage Photo) and a sponge.  Then I stamped the blood drips (Martha Stewart) in red all across the panels.  I used Basic Black and SU! markers to colour in the stamps.  Left to right the stamps are as follows:  Dangling Spider (Martha Stewart), Pumpkin (We Are Memory Keepers), round web (Inkadinkadoo), Trick or Treat (Inkadinkadoo) and the Spider (Inkadinkadoo).


The bright card was rubbed over with sponges and Distress Inks (Ripe Persimmon, Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn)  I then stuck with Basic Black to stamp the following:  Corner Web (SU!), Small cat (SU!), Round Webs (Inkadinkadoo), Swirl cat (Inque Boutique), Word Cat (SU!), October (Hero Arts).

And this Spider card was rubbed over with SU! Basic Black and Momento Black.  The winding spiders are by Inkadinkadoo and stamped in Basic Black.  The other stamps were stamped in Brilliance Black Ink: Spider Swirl (Inkadinkadoo), Mummy cat (Magenta), Hanging Spider (Inkadinkadoo), Mummy (Craft Smart), Flying Witch (Inkadinkadoo), Coloured Witch (SU!), Ghouls Greeting (Craft Smart).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, your card is wonderful . . . I'm so glad that you found your lost alphabet stamped card stock. I enjoy answering the doorbell and seeing all the kids dressed up and having fun, like I did so very many years ago when I was a kid. Remember how much fun we had creating our costumes ?
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your cards are adorable! I love trick or treaters too. I live in Orlando now, but when I lived in Minnesota it was the same thing with Halloween weather, you never new...It could snow?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...