Translate

Friday, September 13, 2013

More Beads, Glitter and Lace!

Howdy!

As mentioned yesterday, I created these two extra items with the same 'Artist Ankhi' image from My Heart Pieces.  She is too cute and who among us is NOT an artist? We may use fabric or paper or metal instead of paint, but we are all artists!  I printed the images for both these cards at 4x6".

The frilly card is finished 5x6.5".  I started by trimming the image to center on a die cut frame from Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles.  I glued white cotton lace around the fame with the help of double sided tape on the back.  To ensure the lace would not wander, I placed a sparkly brad in each corner and put the brads though a swirly green cardstock I got from an old scrapbook company catalog, also cut to 5x6.5".

 
I then coloured the image with my Stampin' Up! markers, trying to add blending as much as possible.  I added the two crocheted flowers (Recollections) to the front panel with a larger sparkly brad, then adhered the panel to the front of a white card (5x6.5")


Card number two had to be a little more dimensional... an Easel Card is dimensional!
I did the same trick of cutting out the image, only with Labels 28, then matting it to two different cardstocks before colouring it.  PLEASE NOTE!  Do NOT do this if you are going to colour using pencils!  The pencils picked up the slight texture and edge of the tape behind the image. By then the card was done and just needed assembly.  So I did not redo her.   

The finished card measures 6x7".  I wrapped a red card panel with beige eyelet fabric.  The image was adhered, then beige sheer ribbon, pink textured ribbon and rose flower ribbon.  Added the silk flowers and pearl bead to bottom right corner to balance the big bow in the top left.  Adhered this panel to the front of an easel card.  Inside, I placed a 6x7" piece of heart rose vellum along with the same pink textures ribbon and silk flowers.  The finishing touch was a 2.5x3.5 red card wrapped with the same beige fabric, accented by two roses from the cover ribbon.  An appropriate greeting will be added when I go to use the card... AFTER I redo the image! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...