Translate

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Patriotic

Hello!

When I hear the word patriotic, I immediately think of the USA.  They REALLY celebrate their nation's birthday and make a huge party out of it.  I am Canadian and very proud of that.  Canadians tend to take a more laid back approach and sometimes I wish they'd show their pride a little more.  I try to buy Canadian and support Canadian artists and local businesses when ever possible.  I've even tried (unsuccessfully) to throw Canada Day parties...  Oh well!  Thanks Priyanka for a chance to show how proud we are of our countries! 

The My Heart Pieces challenge this week is Patriotic.  So I chose 'Rajrupa'.  This lady reminds me of my godchild when she dressed in her native country's outfit for Ukrainian dancing.  Canada was founded by many different immigrants and this is a nod to that.  We also have two official languages, French and English, and the 'Mon Ami' is a nod to that.  Of course I used the maple leaf where ever I could!  :)

The image was printed to 4x6" and coloured with watercolour crayons and a water pen.  I cut her out and added a cut out Canadian flag I stamped from an old Stampin' Up! set.  The card base is an 8.5x11" piece of Duplex cardstock folded in half for a 5x5 x8.5" sized card.  I matted a 5x8" piece of printed paper from a Canadian pack from Michaels with a piece of white shimmer paper, punched in the corners with a maple leaf corner punch by McGill.  The ceramic 'Mon Ami' is by 7Gypsies.  And Voila! a patriotic Canadian card!  Hope you like it!  Where are you from?  What makes you proud of your country?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...