Translate

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Using Stitching - Real or Faux

Hi there!

Everybody has something to learn.  That is the beauty of life.  We spend our entire life learning.  This week I was talking with a friend about my cards and I asked her for her honest opinion of them.  She indicated that they were ok but that I needed to work on my colouring.  I admit, I tend NOT to spend hours colouring an image... I just do not have the patience.  However, in an effort to give my images some more depth, I approached colouring this week's images more thoughtfully. 

Our challenge this week at My Heart Pieces was to use real stitching or create a faux stitching look.  It's so easy now a days with stamps you can purchase to mimic the look, just take out a black pen and make those marks yourself!  I chose Priyanka's 'Anhki' image for this challenge.

The first card is coloured with my Prismacolor pencil crayons.  I then cut her out in order to place her in the window die from Heartfelt Creations.  After cutting out the window, I kept the paper in the die and used watercolour crayons to colour in the embossed areas.  After popping out the cut die, I used a black pen to 'stitch' around the coloured areas.  After trimming a red piece of cardstock to the right size, I used a scalloped stitch stamp to make a border , then cut it out.  I actually did not mean to make a Christmas card but as I put these elements together, it screamed 'CHRISTMAS!!!'  :)  So into my Christmas stash and I found the poinsettia paper flower and Merry Christmas clothing tag. 




My second card is coloured with watercolour crayons and a water pen then also cut out.  I used two 6x6 papers from the same Walmart pad and trimmed to fit the front of the card.  The one piece was used to cut out a frame from Cherry Lynn.  I glued them together then used my black pen again to 'stitch' on the frames.  I adhered my coloured Anhki in the bottom right.  Stampin' Up made the 'Sew Sweet' tag I stamped and coloured to match.  The flowers are from my stash and matched the colours beautifully too! 



So how'd I do?  My images more engaging?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...