Translate

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

My Favourite Things

Books, falling leaves and some time to create in,
Dogs, cats and almost all the animal kingdom,
A rainbow of colours, especially teal,
These are a few of my favourite things!

Ok, so I'm not a good song writer, but I do love the original song from Sound of Music very much!  This week at My Heart Pieces we were to create something with our favourite thing.  Ya right!  How to pick A favourite!  I have always been fascinated by peacocks though and they wear one of my favourite colours: teal.  I have a few peacock feathers that I treasure and keep in a display in my home. 

So I used 'Peacock' from Priyanka's collection of images and coloured it in with my Stampin Up! markers.  Cut it out with my Spellbinders dies and then used the larger die to cut a mat out of Evergreen POW Glitter paper.  This is one of my largest cards at 6 1/8 x 8 1/4 ".  The bottom layer is Double Mates Terrific Teal punched in the two corners with an EK Success Corner Punch and some unknown paper tucked into the corners.  Then another piece of Double Mates paper in the top right corner.  Then a panel from a napkin.  Then I used some fuzzy yarn wrapped around the right side of the card.  Finally the mounted peacock panel! 

 
 
What are some of YOUR favourite things?

1 comment:

  1. Cindy this is just so beautiful. Loving the aqua colouring and wonderful image.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you already have entered and good luck.}
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...