Translate

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Using my Embossing Skills

Hello!

This time on My Heart Pieces we have been challenged to use either dry or wet embossing.  I gotta admit I do not use these tools as often as I should.  They give such a nice texture to an otherwise blah piece and sometimes gives it just the punch it needs too!  I used Prianka's image called 'Aria' for this challenge and used watercolour crayons and a water brush to colour in the images.

This first card is a green 4.5x6" top fold card using shimmer paper from DCWV.  The pink metal is from the pastel pack of Spellbinders Premium Craft Foils.  I ran the foil through Spellbinders Hearts Embossing Folder, then cut it down to 4.25x5.75" as a layer on the front of the card.  One of the scraps I flattened with a ruler and then ran it through an embossing border 'With Love' from Cuttlebug, then matted it with simple white cardstock.  The image was cut out using Spellbinders' Labels 3 dies.  The other scrap of embossed metal was used inside the card as I couldn't waste this pretty stuff!  Oh ya!  Accented the 'love' panel with 3 adhesive pearls from the dollar store!

 
 My second card has 2 different type of embossing...  I started with a 5x7 green card and stamped/embossed Stampin' Up mini flowers all around the edge with kaleidoscope embossing powder.  I cut out the image with Spellbinders' Label 8 and then ran it though my Cuttlebug in an SU! folder.  To accent the dry embossing more, I ran a pale dye ink over the embossing.  I cut out the mat using the same die set and a piece of alcohol ink technique done on glossy cardstock.  I wrapped a ribbon from my stash and finished it off with a crocheted flower and heart tipped pin, also from my stash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...