Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fairies

Hi All!
Time for another My Heart Pieces Challenge.  This time it's Fairies.  Priyanka loves drawing them and I love using them!  I am using a stamp I got a while ago, and still LOVE!  Butterfly girl.  I have printed the images wallet sized this time (2x3") then coloured them all with my watercolour crayons and water brush. 

This first card is an orange 4.25x5.5" card.  I cannot remember the quote manufacturer, but it is stamped on white card, matted with black card then purple paper.  The image is matted with the same purple paper. Accent bling butterflies are cell phone bling I got at the dollar store.
 
The second card is 5x6.5".  I used more of my "scrap" Gelli made paper and the background and matted it on green paper, then pink shimmer card.  I matted the image with purple vinyl.  On the background I adhered a blue embroidered butterfly from the dollar store, then placed the matted image.  I accented the bottom right with some printed staples from Disney's Tinkerbell package.  

 
The third card is also 6.5x5".  I used pinking sheers to trim a piece of butterfly vellum as the background.  I continued to use the pinking sheers to trim all elements then matted them on white cardstock.  Top layer is the image, then comes butterfly paper from my stash (OLD), then a piece of butterfly fabric I've been hording.  Used a butterfly embroidered piece as an accent in top left corner.  Stampin' Up greeting in the bottem left corner

Monday, March 25, 2013

Black + ?

On the Yahoo group I belong to "Oriental Stamp Artists" we do a variety of swaps through the year.  One that I have been enjoying participating in is a year long Black + theme.  Here are the first 4 months cards I completed...

January, Black + Yellow
Wallpaper background, square gelli stickers stamped with small square pattern on the black fields.  yellow vellum held in place by smaller square gelli stickers at the corners.  Stamped Inkadinkadoo tree and kanji with black Staz On ink.  Accent with black and yellow ribbons, yellow flower and black button.

February, Black + Red
Laser cut snake die cut adhered to black cardstock, die cut with Spellbinders labels, mounted to free paper from a UK magazine, also die cut with another Spellbinders Label.  Gate fold red card, accented with Mrs. Grossman silhouette stickers and stamped with snake kanji.
 

March, Black + Blue
6" square card base matted with washi paper that has been clipped with a corner punch.  A center cut window is folded back, highlighting the circle image stamped on the inside of the card.  Spring word and kanji stamped right on the front bottom left.  Card accented with Mizuhiki cords tied in knots.
 
April, Black + Green
Magenta faux postage bird stamps stamped onto green shaving cream technique background.  Adhered to folded black card embossed with Cuttlebug Asian folder.  Accented with Mizuhiki cords tied in a knot.

 


Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Any More Art???

Yep! 
Still alive!
Just very distracted right now. 
So much so I forgot to post a card for My Heart Pieces Challenge going on right now!  It's "Not to be Square".  So any shaped card but square.  Check out the samples made by the great design team and those who have already submitted!  Check out the great work.

While I catch up on my creative work, here is something I completed a couple weeks ago...  A lady had contacted me to create a pre-done scrapbook for her son in celebration of his upcoming graduation.  Just something to place the highlights of each age from birth to grad.  Here are some of the layouts from this project.








Saturday, March 2, 2013

Gelli time

I've been taking a 5 month ongoing class at my friends place, using the Gelli Plate.  We've been learning to make all sorts of backgrounds with acrylic paint, stencils and various texture making tools.  I made another card the other day using more of the 'scrap paper' we use to wipe off excess paint from our tools and stencils.  This paper had blues and silver paint with a touch of green. 
I cut down the sheet to cover a 5x 6.5" card and had enough left over to stamp this image from Digital Princess Designs onto the scrap.  I cut it out using Spellbinders Labels 23 and matted it using the same die with glossy navy blue paper.  The card base was wrapped by some blue polka dotted ribbon and blue Maruyama ribbon from Magenta.  3 blue buttons finished off the card.