Translate

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Inspirational Photo Challenge

WOW! It's already been two weeks!  I've been busy making cards and scrapbooks for shows that my girlfriends and I were selling at.  I will show you some of those another day though. 

This week our challenge at My Heart Pieces is making a card using the following photo as inspiration.  As Priyanka put it: "you can make anything which is inspire you, it can be a teddy bear,red roses,the color of anything from the picture,ribbon, candle, pearls anything"  

I picked the image called 'Hide and Seek'  for the flowers which I saw in the picture... The red, blue and gold colours talked to me also.  I coloured all my images with water coloured crayons and a water brush.

So my first card is a 5x6.5" black card topped with gold Magenta mesh paper held in place with red flower eyelets.  The image was cut out with Spellbinders Labels 8, then layered onto a likewise cut blue panel with red ribbon accent.  Finishing touch is red flowers accented with white pearl centers.

My second card is also 5x6.5".  I trimmed the image then matted it on dark blue, then on red.  The multicouloured paper on the right hand side is actually my scrap paper from cleaning my brush as I watercoloured the four images :)  Then I accented it with a yellow/gold fibre wrapped around a string of pearls.
 
My third card is also  5x6.5".  This time I tried cutting out my image and then matting on blue, then onto red flocked card, then on the card front with a piece of gold card tucked in between.  Then I tied a piece of gold fabric ribbon in a bow and adhered it to the top right corner.  And it really needed some pearl accents in the bottem left corner too!  Couldn't forget the pearls!
 
My last card is a 6x6".   I covered the card front with handmade paper that had a wide red ribbon placed on it.  I trimed the image and matted it on yellow then stuck it in the middle of the card.  And yes, I HAD to add the pearls again :)


1 comment:

  1. Cindy I post this at the challenge blog, I love your interpretation with this single image.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...