Translate

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Altered Tin

Every once in a while I get motivated to do other type of crafts.  Thanks to my girfriends at PMS (this is the name of our stamping club) I have learned the art of altering basic items.  This can be elaborate so that you do not recognise the original item, or just a basic alteration like I did today.  I took a basic Turtles tin and covered it with white Gesso to create a 'tooth' for my next steps. 

Then I covered the edges of the base with two coats of blue acrylic paint then used my sookwang tape to adhere a strip of blue glossy paper around the edge.

The lid, I applied a piece of mulberry paper with Mod Poge and then used Sookwank tape to adhere ribbon around the edge of the lid.

Finished decorated tin ready to store my new Gear Stamping tools!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...