Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rocks

Man a week goes by fast! I read something not too long ago about what you collect.  I know, craft supplies.... Seriously though the question was what do you find interesting enough to collect different ones of?  I thought about this and couldn't come up with something right away.  When I was 12, it was bookmarks.  When I was older, it was books about the Titanic. 

Now, well I found something... rocks.  OK, quit laughing!  Our family has experienced a few big losses in the past few years, and I was drawn to rocks... When my dad was still living, he finally got a chance to buy a piece of property of hs own.  When her got back from 'his land' he gave my mom, my sister and I each a rock from his land.  When he died 3 years ago, I finally got a chance to see his land in person (it's in northern Quebec).  Upon leaving, I just felt I needed a ROCK from his land.  So I took one to bring home to Alberta.  You should have seen the look on my husband's face when I took it out of my luggage. 

The next year, I visited my grandfather's original land and was again struck to need a piece of it.  This time it was a little smaller, seriously! 

Then my husband found a rock from where he spent all his summers as a little boy. 

So here's my collection of rocks.  Sure to grow as more significant events happen to our family... 
What do YOU collect?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input! As soon as I see it, your comment will be published. Hugs!

St. Patrick's Day and International Quilting Day!

 Woohoo! Time for some green Quilts! LOL! Not often that these two days land on the same weekend. I finally finished one of my UFOs (unfinis...